After making dinner tonight we had some left over brown rice. I love rice pudding and thought I would try making some with brown rice. This recipe is super easy and does not require anything odd. I had all of these ingredients on hand.
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup 2% milk (1% and skim would be just fine as well)
- 4 packets of Stevia
- Dash of salt
- 2 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- Cinnamon for sprinkling
- Combine rice, 1/2 cup milk, Stevia, and salt in sauce pan. Let simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes or until the rice and milk are combine and have thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Beat the egg whites and 1/4 cup milk in a bowl.
- Add the egg whites, milk, and vanilla to the rice mixture. Turn to a medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and place into serving dishes. Makes about 3 servings.
- Chill in the fridge and sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
So easy and a great way to use your leftover brown rice.