Every Monday I will be posting a meatless meal, snack, or appetizer in honor of Meatless Monday. Since we are eating little meat in our household I have been exploring many new recipes. I found this black bean dip on one of my favorite sites allrecipes.com. This dip is very tasty and fairly simple to make.
What you will need:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or soak your own dried beans
- 1/2 cup mayo or you could substitute fat free salad dressing
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup salsa
First I soaked my dried black beans for about eight hours and cooked them for an hour and a half. For my bean cooking and soaking instructions please visit my bean soaking post. After the beans are cooked mash them with a fork or potato masher. They do not need to be smooth, you will want a little texture.
Happy meatless Monday and enjoy!